Colored tissue paper
Green chenille stems (craft pipe cleaners) -or craft raffia wire/twist tie
1) Cut tissue paper. Cut 4 or more sheets of tissue paper to approximately 6"x10" sheets
2) Accordion fold. Layer the sheets and accordion fold about 1"w folds. (fold up 1", then turn stack over and fold up again, repeat)
3) Scallop the edges.Take sharp scissors and shape the peony petals by cutting the short edges like the top of a heart (that is, two scallops... or you can simply round of the edges)
4) Wrap and Ruffle.Tie the center of the accordion with the pipe cleaner or twist tie. Fan out the piece on both sides of the pipe cleaner. Remember there are 4 layers. Begin pulling up the petals. Start with the top tissue being careful not to tear it. After you have done the top layer, go on to the second layer, then the third and the fourth. Straighten out the flower to your liking.
5) Enjoy! Make a bouquet, pomander, garland or simply place a bundle of them in a basket or a bowl.
Courtesy of LotusHaus.